Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Wire Wrapped Rings 'n' Things

I have been dabbling in wire wrapping for about a year and a half now.  I tended to focus mostly on pendants though as I have always found it easier to wrap around a relatively large focal object (stone, bead, shell, etc.).  Rings have never been my forte.  I have made a few here and there, but I find weaving on such a small scale quite awkward.  I challenged myself last night to overcome this avoidance of rings and to make a ring without a pattern or directions of any kind.  After a couple hours of fiddling, bending, twisting and binding, here is what I ended up with.


I'm quite pleased with the outcome. Very free form and asymmetrical. Depending on which angle you look at if from, or which way you wear it, it looks like a different ring. I've decided to put this one up for sale, and if you really like it take a look at my Etsy e-store. My ultimate goal with ring is to figure out a cool method of setting stones. I've got so many small ones that would look awesome in a ring. Now I just need to figure out how to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment