Thursday, March 10, 2011

Christmas.....in March.....that I paid for myself

Today I had two packages of jewelry stuff arrive in the mail.  Isn't checking the mail so much more fun when you know fun stuff is coming?  I got a whole variety of seed beads as well as mixed lot of semi precious stones for wire wrapping.
So I ordered a 'mystery' lot of stones and I was very pleased with what I got. Lots of amethyst and labradorite, some moonstone, and many unknowns. I am going to have to go researching to figure out what they are. All in all, I am very pleased with what I got and will be dealing with that seller again.

OOOooo! Beads! So many colours! I finally broke down and shelled out for miyuki delica beads. They're consistent size will add a nice polished look to my pieces; especially those that have repeated stitch patterns. I'm excited to make something with them, I just have to decide what!

This is my favorite stone of my entire mystery lot. It is a large labradorite teardrop that reflects a beautiful blue-green colour. I don't know whether I'll keep the finished piece for myself or sell it. It's just so pretty I don't know whether I will be able to part with it!  It will end up making a beautiful wire wrapped pendant.

No comments:

Post a Comment