Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Wire Wrapped Copper Earrings

I don't usually use copper in my jewelry.  However, I was inspired by Taniri's Helen Earrings to give it a try because the oxidation makes it look dark and rich rather than....orange.  I used 18 gauge round wire for the structure and wrapped those with 24 gauge round wire.  I usually use thinner wire for fine wrapping, however, I needed to get these done fast because I was making them to wear to a wedding this weekend and thus didn't have time to wait for a wire order to show up in the mail.  I used the hard boiled egg method for the initial oxidization and have ordered some liver of sulfur to make them even darker.  The beads are 4mm amethyst AB crystal bicones.  These have great texture to them, which I love.  Maybe I'll have to work with copper more often.

The Inspiration My Interpretation

No comments:

Post a Comment