Monday, August 13, 2012

Wire Wrapped Bow Ring

You know that old saying that if you need to remember something, tie a string around your finger?  I don't think anybody wants an ugly little string on their finger all day but a cute little bow ring is a different story.  I've had this idea for a while, but couldn't quite figure out how to 'tie' the bow.  My first attempt was an absolute disaster and sent me back to the drawing board.  I had to get my mind out of the rut of how you tie a traditional bow, since wires don't like to bed that way, let alone a bundle of wires already wrapped together.  I came up with a nifty solution that let to this super cute ring.  It is made with 24 gauge round and 30 gauge round dead soft sterling silver wire.  If you want to learn the secret to tying this bow you can check out the tutorial in my tutorial shop

No comments:

Post a Comment