Thursday, August 09, 2012

Don't Give Up If Your Original Plan Fails

In my mind I had this idea of a bead surrounded by fine wire weaving that would join together to form a four stranded braid above the bead up to the ear wire.  I wanted to take the 4 woven sections and then weave them together like the pattern on the right.  However, they didn't want to cooperate and ended up being too stiff to get all the intricate bending needed.


I was frustrated, but I had just spent 2 hours doing all this fine wire weaving so I wasn't about to throw away all my effort (or all that sterling silver wire).  I did me best to straighten out the 4 woven sections and then just started to play with them and join them together in a way that the wires wanted to go.  The result was a beautiful teardrop shape.  I love the gentle curves of these earrings.  They're just so elegant!  If you like these as much as I do, you can buy the tutorial to make them yourself in the Tutorial Shop.  If you'd like a pair but don't want to make them yourself, please feel free to contact me.  The lesson here?  Don't give up when your original plan doesn't work.  Accidental designs can turn out to be even better. 






No comments:

Post a Comment