Monday, March 12, 2012

Origami Flower Ball

I know it's not quite jewelry, but it's still pretty and crafty so I thought I'd share it with you.  I made my first origami paper ball.  I found the process surprisingly relaxing and the completing the project very satisfying.
From this...

...to this!

I used a pad of dollar store post it notes.  They're convenient because they already come perfectly square and exactly the same size.  Don't worry if only one side of the paper has a pretty pattern as the other side gets hidden in the folds.  The tutorial I used attached everything with glue.  I opted to use double sided tape instead so that I didn't have to wait for the glue to dry in between steps.  Here are a few different tutorials that give you variations of the origami flower ball.  Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment