Sunday, September 09, 2012

Another Wire Wrapped Cab Ring

Normally, I'm pretty good at staring at a piece of wire jewelry and figuring out for the most part how it is made.  Nicole Hannah's Over Under Ring, however, had me stumped.  Wires were coming from where there should have been no more wires left to use and the stone in her picture looks like it could fall right out the top (though I'm sure that's not the case).  I broke down and bought her great tutorial, broke out my copper wire and gave it a go.  I ended up making my intitial loops too small, quickly ran out of places to tuck all my wires and had to improvise to finish of the ring.  I really like how it turned out though even though it doesn't have as many wraps around the stone as the original.  I then LOS'd the ring to give it even more depth and texture.  Sadly it is too big for my tiny fingers and so I have decided to sell it.  You can find it in the jewelry shop if you'd like to have it for your very own.

Nicole Hannah's over under ring
My take on the over under ring
My version after LOS

No comments:

Post a Comment